- Northern Chicken opened its long-awaited second location at 10184 104 Street over the weekend. In related news, co-founder Andrew Cowan is stepping away from Northern Chicken.
- Drip & Sip To Go has opened up (replacing Pizza on Wheels) inside the Don Wheaton YMCA (10211 102 Avenue).
- Chatime in Griesbach (#104, 9940 137 Avenue) has rebranded to OCHA + BOBA.
- A fourth location of chain Boardwalk Burgers is now open at 2578 Guardian Road.
- The Telus World of Science “becomes Edmonton’s largest food and drink laboratory” for their fundraising even Where Science Meets Cocktails. Tickets are $109 and include cocktail-inspired science activities and food from restaurants including RGE RD, Filistix, and Guru.
- The Edmonton Downtown Farmers’ Market will be opening three days a week – adding Fridays, 11am-5pm to its hours of operation – as of October 7.
- ‘Tis the season to start thinking about Thanksgiving – vendors at the 5th Street Food Hall have different meal options to consider.
- Wow! Factor Desserts celebrates its 40th anniversary with a new retail outlet and distribution centre in Edmonton.
- Villa commemorated its fifth birthday last week.
- The latest installment of Josh Eats Edmonton highlighted Bangkok Kitchen.
- Edify tried out Meat Shack, the newest concept to be added to the 5th Street Food Hall.
- Liberian Cuisine on Wheels relocated within Alberta Avenue earlier this month, and is now open at 8405 118 Avenue.
- The number of robot servers in Edmonton continues to rise – the latest can be found at Tambayan Ni Kabayan restaurant.
- Katy Ingraham of Fleisch Delikatessen was upset when no one from the Edmonton Police Department followed up about damage they had caused to her restaurant patio.
- A PSA from Meuwly’s – if you see smoke arising from their chimney, it likely means they’re cooking up something delicious! The fire department responded twice last week after being called by concerned neighbours.
- Edify is soliciting nominations for their autumn Coffee Challenge. Submit your favourite cafe for consideration by October 11, 2022.
- Little Italy hosted the Festa dell’Uva this weekend, in celebration of the grape harvest.
What I Ate
- It had been too long since my last Kasey Ramen order (and the first where I could actually eat the egg!). The tonkotsu broth was so creamy and supremely satisfying.
Kasey Ramen tonkotsu