- Help Otto celebrate their 1 year anniversary on December 12, 2017! They’ll have specials on all night and 10% off gift certificates.
- Rebel Food and Drink, the latest restaurant from the Century Hospitality Group, is now open in the former Picco Lino space at 9112 142 Street.
- District has finally rolled out their pizza menu, served from 4pm-close Monday to Saturday.
- The Moth, a new plant-based restaurant in the Quarters from the family behind Cafe Mosaics, will be opening later this month at 9449 Jasper Avenue.
- Ohana Donuterie, which debuted a food truck earlier this year, is close to opening a storefront location at 10347 80 Avenue.
- Sharon has an early review of a new Korean eatery on the south side, Dookbaeki (2872 Calgary Trail).
- Also from Sharon – she checked out the phoritto at Miss Saigon as well.
- Liane checked out the brick and mortar location of Arno’s Fine French Pastry, which some might be familiar with from their stall at the City Market and Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market.
- Phil wasn’t impressed with the pizza at Town Square Brewing, and Twyla had a disappointing experience overall.
- Speaking of Town Square, Vue Weekly interviewed the owners for the story behind the brewpub.
- Cindy provides an overview of what you can expect at Ice District’s newest addition, Mayday Dogs.
- The Journal is the latest to review the dinner at Pip.
- With Executive Chef Michael Hassall at the helm, Ernest’s at NAIT hopes to become a year-round food destination for dining and special events.
- Graham was invited to sample a staff lunch served at Sorrentino’s, crafted from leftovers and surplus ingredients.
- Vue Weekly’s Golden Fork Awards ballot is now live – nominate your favourites by January 18, 2018.
- Food4Good has received $75,000 of seed funding from Community Food Centres Canada to consult with the community and search for a space to house a local community food centre.
- I met up with Linda for lunch last week at a spot near my office – I appreciate the consistency at El Fogon; their beef and gouda arepas have been delicious every time!
Beef and gouda arepa from El Fogon
- The weather has been amazing so far this month – who knew it’d be warm enough to still be considered food truck weather! Mack and I happily shared some empanadas from Casa 12 Doce at the Holiday Bazaar this weekend.
Pork and potato empanadas
- We don’t make it out to RGE RD as often as we’d like, but every time we do, we have a great experience. This weekend was no different – the food and service was stellar. Of note was the questionable bits we enjoyed: beef tongue pastrami.
Beef tongue pastrami from RGE RD