- Crash Hotel is hosting Beats n Brunch, a hip hop-themed brunch on December 10, 2017. The $20 ticket includes one brunch item and a cocktail.
- There are lots of festive meal choices available at this time of year, including the Dickens Brunch at the Royal Glenora Club on December 10 & 17, with holiday carolers to help set the mood. The events are open to the public; adult tickets are $39.95.
- The newest donut-focused bakery Destination Doughnuts is now open at 10548 124 Street.
- Brown Butter Cafe, located at 1528 91 Street SW, is in its soft opening phase.
- New Asian Village has added a new restaurant to their roster – Hyderabad Kabab & Biryani House is now open at Mill Woods Town Centre.
- Dogwood Cafe, Culina’s takeover of the restaurant at the Victoria Golf Course, has returned for the winter. They’re open for supper Wednesdays to Saturdays and for brunch on weekends.
- Blakbar Tavern, billing itself as “Edmonton’s newest alternative rock resto/bar” is now open at 10762 82 Avenue.
- I hadn’t heard of Mezos Roastery, a local business specializing in dry roasting nuts and seeds.
- ‘Tis the season for giveaways, but Linda has some amazing gifts that will span 24 days – check them out!
- Nook Cafe allows people to pay it forward by buying a button someone in need can cash in for a coffee and a day-old pastry.
- Ms. Hangry Foodie and YEGCravings both tried the phorrito (a pho burrito) at new Vietnamese restaurant Miss Saigon. It sounds gimmicky to me but there’s something for everyone!
- Graham enjoyed the breadth of offerings at Holy Roller.
- Phil reviews a trio of quick-serve pizza joints.
- Crystal enjoyed the happy hour specials offered at Bar 94.
- Vue Weekly paid Cafe Linnea a visit.
- Congratulations to Karen Anderson, one of the authors of the forthcoming book, Food Artisans of Alberta. It’s now available for pre-order, and will be released in May 2018.
- Eat Alberta announced their conference date for next year – April 29, 2018. Tickets are now available for pre-sale.
- Global featured Camola Bakery, which features sustainable cricket “flour” in their products
- If you’re interested in gardening in a vacant city lot, you’re encouraged to attend a workshop on December 6, 2017 to learn more about a pilot next year that will involve 150 empty lots.
- I really should have made it a point to get to Pho Tau Bay earlier in the cycle of my cold last week – there’s really something about their broth.
- Mack and I made it to Salz on Friday for some comfort food. I really liked my brat in a bun, alongside some cheesy spätzle and caraway slaw.
Mack with his brat on a plate
- A shopping excursion on 124 Street wouldn’t be complete without a stop at Zwick’s Pretzels, where we found ourselves on the weekend.
A duo of pretzels from Zwick’s