- For all those Harry Potter fans out there: Chartier’s burger night on August 1 is themed after the series.
- A reminder that the Heritage Festival runs this weekend from August 5-7, 2017. If you’re heading down to take it in, don’t forget to bring a donation for the Edmonton Food Bank.
- As a part of Festival Place’s community celebration Chautauqua in August, they’ll be hosting a free Craft Beer School and Tasting on August 12, 2017, from 2-9pm.
- Chix Shack, specializing in Thai chicken, is now open at 10149 109 Street.
- Vegan pizzeria Die Pie has set their grand opening date: August 18, 2017 at 5pm. They are located at 11215 Jasper Avenue.
- More pizza to come: Al Centro is a “Roman pizza bar” to open Downtown in 2018.
- Yuzen in St. Albert will be expanding their operations: Sushi Yuzen in St. Albert and ramen-based Menya Yuzen on Edmonton’s west end. In the meantime, their current St. Albert location has become Menya Yuzen, open from Wednesdays to Sundays.
- Montreal Hotdogs premiered their menu at K-Days. They will be opening three locations in the Edmonton area – Downtown, Beaumont and Cochrane.
- While Vue previews what to expect at RE:GRUB, the new Calgary-based burger bar that just opened in Old Strathcona, Sharon recaps her experience.
- The Journal reviews the Crudo family’s latest restaurant, Bottega 104.
- Crystal pays Sherwood Park’s Via Cibo a visit.
- Jonny reminds us that Swiss 2 Go is worth checking out.
- If now now, when? Check out Linda’s list of 10 cold treats to beat the heat.
- Made with Love, Canada’s largest mixology competition, landed in Edmonton last week. Congratulations to winners Tyler Gushaty from North 53 and Leland Morrison from the Black Pearl – they’ll be competing in the finals in May 2018.
- Congratulations to all of the winners in this year’s Canadian Food Championships!
- The Leftovers Foundation, which rescues food that would otherwise go to waste, was profiled on Global.
- The Free Press Bistro (10014 104 Street) has been sold, with the new tenant having renamed the space Villa Bistro.
- On the same street, Munch will fill in a storefront that has been vacant for some time at 10040 104 Street.
- Mack and I had a great time at our annual visit to K-Days (which ended Sunday). There’s nothing like a stroll through the midway! We tried a few new items, including a solid poutine from Montreal Hotdogs, but had to indulge in a bag of Those Little Donuts, too.
Authentic poutine from Montreal Hotdogs
The real reason we go to K-Days