- The Valley Zoo Farmers’ Market is back again, beginning July 5, 2016, and runs Tuesday nights from 2-8pm.
- The final What the Truck?! at Northlands Park is taking place on July 8, 2016 from 5-10pm – take advantage of your last chance to sample food trucks at the horse races before the track is dismantled!
- Get Cooking is hosting a second pop-up dinner with Chef Doreen Prei on July 8, 2016, from 5-8:30pm.
- Chef Brad Smoliak is hosting a long table dinner at the Ukrainian Village on July 15, 2016. Tickets for the Ukrainian-inspired meal and after hours tour are $170 per person.
- El Cortez has a new sibling upstairs – Have Mercy, a Southern restaurant, opened today at 8232 Gateway Boulevard. They’re reservation only until July 6, 2016.
- Also in Old Strathcona, Izakaya Dorinku is now open, located at 10205 82 Avenue.
- Stage 104, which took over the Downtown space vacated by The Burg at 10190 104 Street, opened on Canada Day.
- Looking forward to checking out the new and expanded location of Duchess Provisions after it opens on July 8, 2016. It is located at 10934 119 Street.
- Remedy Cafe’s fifth location is now open in Terwillegar, at 1707 Towne Centre Boulevard.
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has begun a series of Friday night dinner buffets, and will be offering them throughout the summer. It’d be nice to have a bit more information to share, but their website is unfortunately mum.
- Ms. Hangry Foodie checks out the ramen served on Saturdays at Yuzen in St. Albert.
- Avenue Edmonton released their list of 25 Favourite Things to Eat in 2016, as identified by 25 prominent Edmontonians.
- Avenue also profiles Ayumi Yuda, the woman behind Ikki Izakaya, and shares that she’ll be opening another Japanese eatery near Ice District.
- Jason Foster shares his thoughts on the beer trends in Alberta.
- Sunshine Organic is one of our go-to vendors at the City Market, so it was nice to get a photo tour of their farm via The Local Good.
- Great to hear Calgary will open Alberta’s first community food centre this fall.
- We had our second Sugared and Spiced Cake Club delivery aligned with my birthday a few weeks ago, and we enjoyed this cake just as much as the last!
Lemon raspberry cake
- There’s nothing better than a steaming bowl of pho on a hot day, especially when it happens to be a #phodate.
My usual at Pho Tau Bay