Mack and I are still working through the portfolio of photographs from our wedding, but here’s a sneak peek from Moments in Digital. Bruce did a great job, capturing our day beautifully. I hope to share a bit more about our wedding soon! On to this week’s food notes:
- The 24th annual Chili Cook-off is taking place in Churchill Square on November 4 from 11:30am-1:30pm.
- Just in time for Christmas, the next Green Drinks on November 5 is all about shopping local.
- The schedule is now up for Relish Fest, which runs November 13-16 at Metro Cinema. It features a number of films (including some local content) that centre around food.
- Culina is hosting a food and music pop-up on November 28, 2014 at Bellevue Hall.
- Toronto-based chain The Burger’s Priest is coming to downtown Edmonton (10104 109 Street)!
- Cindy is the first to review Chef Nathin Bye’s new restaurant, Ampersand 27, which opened quietly last week.
- Congrats to Chef Paul Shufelt of Century Hospitality, who was named one of Avenue Edmonton’s Top 40 Under 40 list last week.
- Wine-on-tap is a growing trend in Edmonton, writes Avenue Edmonton.
- Get a head start on your Christmas shopping: the Duchess Bake Shop Cookbook is on sale starting November 12, 2014.
- I finally had the chance to visit Burrow last week. It is so great to see a café in our underground! Cindy also checked it out recently.