I’ve been struggling with my re-entry back to routine, but for good reason. Mack and I had a fabulous wedding, and an even better honeymoon. I’m still gathering my thoughts on both Vietnam and Korea, but I’m hopeful that (this time) I’ll actually share it on the blog! On to this week’s food notes:
- Cookie Love announced a forthcoming café location at 10235-101 Street. They are shooting for a December 2014 opening.
- Get Cooking, Kathryn Joel’s brand new cooking studio at MacEwan University, looks gorgeous!
- A huge congratulations to RGE RD for making En Route Magazine’s top 10 list of Canada’s Best New Restaurants this year.
- On the heels of Calgary-based Spice Road Spice Merchant opening their Edmonton location on Whyte, it was announced that the Italian Centre will be expanding into Calgary next year.
- The Gold Medal Plates took place last week, with Westin Chef Ryan O’Flynn taking the top spot.
- A belated thank you for anyone who voted for Only Here for the Food (and What the Truck?!) on Vue Weekly’s Best of Edmonton 2014 poll. I’m honoured to have been named the “Best Food Blog” (and for WTT to be named the “Best Pop-Up Event”). As always, I appreciate the support!
- We missed so many café openings while we were away – congrats to Transcend on their new location in the Mercer Warehouse, to Credo for their second café on 124 Street, and to Burrow (of the Elm Café family) for changing our city’s expectations of underground vendors. And thanks to Omar’s article, we also know that Elm will be expanding into Riverdale with Little Brick.
Transcend @ Mercer Warehouse
2 thoughts on “Food Notes for October 27, 2014”
Welcome back from your honeymoon! Congrats to you and Mack. Hope to hear about your food adventures in Asia soon.
very good this blog thanks for sharing this with excellent nosotro thanks