We’re gearing up for our penultimate What the Truck?! this season, taking place Saturday, August 16, from 4-8pm in Borden Park. Hope to see you there! On to this week’s food notes:
- A reminder about Alberta Open Farm Days happening in a few weeks on August 23-24, 2014.
- Mark your calendar for the next Hawkers Market on September 13, 2014, this time in a new location: Latitude 53.
- The big news this week is that three Edmonton restaurants are in the running for EnRoute Magazine’s prestigious Best New Restaurant list. The restaurants are North 53, Rge Rd and Woodwork. Vote now!
- Great to hear that Elm Café is expanding with the addition of Burrow, an underground café in Central LRT station. Look for it in mid-September.
- Chef Nathan Bye’s new restaurant will be called Ampersand 27.
- Café del Sol is at a new location, 14220 Yellowhead Trail.
- Max’s Restaurant (Graham calls it the “Earl’s of the Philippines” in the article) is now in Edmonton, introducing Filipino cuisine to the masses.
- Café de Ville shuttered unexpectedly this month. Liane is on the hunt for the reasons why.
- Want to cook like Daniel Costa at home? Download his free Tavola app, which features 15 recipes (and will be continuously updated).
- Get Cooking’s first class at their new MacEwan location on September 5, 2014 is a perfect date night for couples.
- The most recent Mack & Cheese episode has Mack and Graham discussing recent food festivals and restaurant news.
- I hadn’t heard about the Elk Island Bison Festival before, but it sounds like their first year was a success.
- Mack and I had dim sum with our parents at Tasty Noodle over the weekend. Great selection, timely service, and tasty plates!
Dim sum at Tasty Noodle