Fans of Television Without Pity will already know the bad news, and for me, it is still sinking in. It’s a website I’ve visited on an almost-daily basis for over thirteen years, and has been with me for the good (The West Wing), the bad (multiple Bachelor/ettes) and the ugly (the current season of Scandal). I’m going to miss the insightful discussions and the community of people who made up the forums. On to this week’s food notes:
- The third installment of Hawkers Market takes place on April 12, 2014. There will be several new vendors this time around, including Reclaim Urban Farm and Orbit food truck.
- Elm Café’s Dining Room will be hosting a Sugar Shack Dinner on April 25 and 26, 2014. The three-course meal is priced at $35.
- Lots of 104 Street news this week: Jacek Chocolate Couture will be replacing Bubble Buzz with a downtown storefront, Earth’s General Store will be moving in, and the Tres Carnales restaurant in the Mercer Warehouse (opening in June) has a name – Rostizado, offering “modern Mexican”, table service and wine.
- In related news, popular specialty shop Evoolution will be expanding beyond 104 Street and into Southgate and the Enjoy Centre.
- State & Main will be a street-level tenant in the First & Jasper complex.
- Liane shared that in addition to their farmers’ market tables, Confetti Sweets will also have a storefront in Sherwood Park, to open in mid-May.
- Mack and I both have Iconoclast Koffiehuis (11807B 105 Ave) on our list to check out – it was nice to get a peek inside from Cindy.
- Both Andrea and Cindy checked out Mama Lee’s Kitchen (10633 51 Avenue), a new Korean take-out restaurant in Southgate.
- Robyn offers up another opinion on Bar Bricco.
- Phil’s latest Burger Odyssey pits The Next Act against The Sugarbowl. Time for a death match.
- I rarely have the opportunity to meet up with Mack for lunch, so last week when it was possible, we made it count at Pho Tau Bay.
- It’s been some time since I’ve been to an Edmonton Rush game, but it was as exciting as I remembered! It was a much closer game than anyone expected, but they managed to hang on and maintain their undefeated streak. Bring on the playoffs!
Go Rush Go!