- Hesco Foodservice has opened Ribeye Butcher Shop in St. Albert (#335, 935 St. Albert Trail).
- Gintaro Kitchen is a new-ish Japanese restaurant located at 11850 145 Avenue.
- Love Pizza’s Heritage Valley location opened last week, at 2812 James Mowatt Trail.
- Ace Coffee will be opening up a location on the second floor of Manulife Place in 2023.
- Dalla’s Amano Holiday Market returns on December 3, 2022 from 11am-3pm. They will have roasted chestnuts and local vendors.
- A Christmas version of the popular Filipino Sari Sari Mercado Market will take place on December 10 and 11, 2022 at 10505 106 Street.
- The owners of Tres Carnales posted an apology for the health concerns that led to the restaurant being shut down last week. They have been permitted to re-open on November 15.
- After being closed for many months for rehabilitation, Cafe Bicylette is now fully open as of November 10.
- Taproot has the story behind Asymmetrical Brewing, which bills itself as a “family-focused” brewery. It opened on November 9, 2022.
- Twyla highlighted Yarrow on Edmonton AM.
- The Lingnan is celebrating its 75th anniversary! As a part of their celebrations, they are offering some of their 1940s menu items at 1947 prices (i.e., crispy veggie rolls for 60 cents).
- Happy tenth birthday to XIX Nineteen!
- Edify checked out Oliveto Trattoria and brunch at Glasshouse Kitchen.
- Local business Sweetness Colouring Cookies was featured on Dragon’s Den last week.
- Hotel Macdonald unveiled its annual edible gingerbread house for the holidays.
- Elks player Justin Renfrow hosts a YouTube show called What’s Cooking JR? that features behind the scenes at local restaurants.
What I Ate
- While at Dalla for lunch last week, I couldn’t pass up the chance to have the scaccia again – I love the all of the layers of meat and cheese.
Scaccia from Dalla
- I have noted in the past that I do wish more meal kits created in the wake of the pandemic remained, but I am glad for those that are still available. This includes the frozen Vietnamese soups from Momma Tong, which are so handy when a craving for Bun Bo Hue hits.
Bun Bo Hue from Momma Tong