- Remedy opened a new location in HUB Mall at the University of Alberta.
- Sauce, offering “modern Caribbean cuisine” is opening soon at 13655 St. Albert Trail.
- LitFest’s annual Food Matters on October 22, 2022 is about the Chinese diaspora and identity this year, featuring author and film documentarian Cheuk Kwan, and Hungry Zine’s Kathryn Gwun-Yeen Lennon and Kyla Pascal. Tickets are $25 in advance.
- The next Swine & Dine event will be hosted at RGE RD. Tickets for the family-style feast are $65 per person.
- The Edmonton Christmas Market returns at Fort Edmonton Park, from November 30-December 18, 2022. Admission starts at $15 plus fees for adults and $10 plus fees for children 6-17.
- Langano Skies began offering take-out last weekend out of Barb & Ernie’s restaurant, and will be adding delivery options in the near future.
- Twyla highlighted Rosewood Foods.
- Edify put together a feature about five types of pizza available in the city.
- The Gateway visited the Fuwa Fuwa location in Old Strathcona.
- Also from Edify, they stopped by Shojo Izakaya for lunch.
- This tweet capturing the exorbitant food costs at Rogers Place went viral last week, with some pointing out the better value offered by restaurants in the area.
- Fans bid adieu to Ralph’s Handi Mart and their famous fried chicken last week.
What I Ate
- It had been a while since our last order from Syphay, so it seemed time to reacquaint ourselves with their pad Thai and green curry. It definitely hit the spot!
Take-out from Syphay
- We had to take to the trails on such a glorious weekend. And it really was the perfect day for a cool treat, so we couldn’t pass up some Pinocchio ice cream from the River Valley Adventure Co.
Pinocchio ice cream break
- I’d been curious about Dosi Rock after passing them at the Legislature grounds countless times, and given this might just be the last nice week of fall, it was a good time as any to give them a try. They were super efficient (the order was prepared in two minutes flat), and I really enjoyed the flavour of the bulgogi.
Bulgogi from Dosi Rock