- A second location of BC-based Basil Pasta Bar is coming soon to 10014 104 Street.
- Chain El Furniture Warehouse is coming to Jasper Avenue.
- Laker Coffee is now serving up drinks at Fort Edmonton Park’s new cafe.
- Langano Skies has announced that their last day of business at the restaurant will be June 19, 2022.
- The Twilight Picnic Experience is back at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden. The events resume in June, and the $125 tickets include admission to the Garden for two, activities, and a gourmet picnic box.
- Cafe Bicyclette sustained some damage from the storm last week and is temporarily closed as a result.
- JustCook Kitchens had a break-in last week. While there was no damage, cash and tablets were taken.
- Nuttea in Old Strathcona was featured by CBC Radioactive and the Journal.
- Edify checked out the doughnuts at Hello Mochi.
- Congratulations to Filistix’s Downtown location on their third anniversary.
- Those looking for farm-to-table dining experiences should consider The Old Red Barn.
- Restaurants can now permit dogs on patios without prior approval from Alberta Health Services.
- Did you know that there is an Edmonton-themed coffee shop in Morocco?
Urban Agriculture and Farming
- When the cap of urban hens was lifted in 2019, the number of backyard hens in 2020 and 2021 exceeded all previous years combined.
- The Wâposo-Wâti Park and Community Garden is now open at 107 Avenue and 110 Street. It is a partnership between Native Counselling Services of Alberta, the City of Edmonton, and Alberta Retina Consultants.
What I Ate
- I finally swung by YEG Smoked Meats to fulfill my #AdoptAShopAB commitment. I picked up our family’s favourite beef pepperoni, along with some sausage and Montreal smoked meat.
YEG Smoked Meats product
- Summers are for picnics: we grabbed some take-out from Jack’s Burger Shack and enjoyed it at our neighbourhood park.
My go-to Hangover burger
- We are happy to have a tasty new Downtown neighbour – it will be ready handy (and dangerous) to have Seoul Fried Chicken so close. I especially love the golden kari.
Our Seoul Fried Chicken spread
- We celebrated a family birthday at Branches at the Greenland Garden Centre. It was certainly a hit with Emily – she wolfed down the mini pancake bites (it helped that they were covered in sugar, alongside whipped cream, syrup, and Nutella for dipping).
Breakfast bowl and breakfast pizza from branches
- Mack and I had a hosted date night at Fu’s Repair Shop. We loved the vibe, and everything, from the drink menu to the dishes was so playful but well conceived. Our favourite dishes were the pork wontons and the green onion cake panzanella salad.
Noodles and won tons from Fu’s
- Our plot is in at the Alex Decoteau Community Garden! We always put our faith in tomato plants from Sundog Organics, but this year we’re also trying out growing peppers and cucumbers for the first time. It’s a great excuse to spend time outdoors, and Emily is now at the age where she loves assisting her fellow community gardeners.