Doughnut Party Opens Second Location
Doughnut Party’s long-awaited shop south of the river opened last week in Ritchie.
Located at 9610 76 Avenue, it joins a number of sweet options available in the neighbourhood. Little Duchess, a smaller version of the popular bakery, opened last fall in Ritchie Market, and increased traffic to the building by 20%. Kind Ice Cream also opened last year.
- BaoBao, offering “Shanghai street food” is now open at 10544 Jasper Avenue.
- The Edmonton location of Peters’ Drive-In is working towards an April opening date.
- Urban Tavern’s last day of operation was February 3, 2020. The Cabin will open in its place in March.
- It sounds like several locations of Wetzel’s Pretzels have closed, including branches at West Edmonton, Premium Outlet Collection, and HUB Malls.
- La Poutine Week runs February 1-9, 2020, with 8 participating restaurants in Edmonton who are featuring a special poutine for the event.
- Graham raved about the liver ‘n’ onions at the Century Mile Casino’s Derby Restaurant.
- Avenue shared bites from Chettinad Aachy’s, Baltyk Bakery, The Glass Monkey, Tokeo Station, and The Black Bull Kitchen.
- The Writer’s Room is temporarily closed as they are looking for a new location after their building flooded.
- Did you know Tres Carnales now has a catering arm?
- Congratulations to KB and Company who are expanding to Kelowna with a location to open in March.
- Three local chefs offer their tips for stress-free cooking – check out what Chefs Paul Shufelt, Jason Greene, and Lindsay Porter eat for dinner at home.
What I Ate
- It’s hard to believe it’s been more than a year since Mack, Emily and I visited Route 99. Not surprisingly, not much has changed in our time away – it’s just as comforting of a greasy spoon as we remembered.
Poutine at Route 99