Edmonton Jollibee Location Under Construction
Back in January 2018, rumours about an Edmonton location of the popular Filipino international fast food chain Jollibee were confirmed, but with no set opening date.
While that date hasn’t yet been announced, the location is now under construction at 3803 Calgary Trail. South Park will very soon become a hub of Asian cuisine/staples, with the forthcoming Korean grocery store H-Mart joining the existing T & T Supermarket next door.
- Another Downtown location of Remedy is forthcoming, in the space formerly occupied by La Prep in the Bell Tower.
- Rush Bowls, a Colorado-based franchise that sells smoothie bowls, opened in the space vacated by Remedy on Whyte at 10404 82 Avenue.
- Spotlight Cabaret, offering cocktails, food, and stage programming, opened today in Old Strathcona at 8217 104 Street. Check out the menu here.
- The Writer’s Room opened at 11113 87 Avenue with the tagline, “A bar with surprisingly good food.”
- The South St. Burger located in the Brewery District closed at the end of February.
- The Edmonton Resilience Festival posted its schedule for the event on April 27, 2019. Workshops include sauerkrauting 101, mead making, and apple cider making. Tickets for sessions range from $5-25, depending on the session and the sliding scale.
- Twyla heartily recommends Artisti Pizza.
- Lydia was disappointed with the offerings at Jack’s Sandwich Shack in St. Albert.
- Crystal was mostly satisfied with her recent all-you-can-eat sushi experience at Tokyo Noodle Shop.
- Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants list was released today. 3 Edmonton restaurants made the list: Biera, Bundok, and Uccellino.
- It looks like District has scaled back its hours and is no longer open evenings.
- Pampa is offering cooking classes at their Ellerslie location starting this May, priced at $120 per person.
- Chef Shane Chartrand is one of three Aboriginal chefs featured in a 6-episode food and travel show called Red Chef Revival.
- Linda Tzang has organized her final Dining with Friends shindig, as she is moving on from the Royal Alberta Museum.
Urban Agriculture and Farming
- Since grocery delivery is all the rage these days, it’s not a surprise to learn about a monthly meat delivery service called TruLocal. They promise clean, locally-sourced meat; in Alberta, their suppliers include TK Ranch and Effing Seafoods.
What I Ate
- It took me long enough to finally hit up Bloom’s brick and mortar location, but I was rewarded with the choice of their full slate of cookies. Their London Fog cookie was delicious, but the oatmeal stout special was also great! I hope I’m in the area again soon.
I shamelessly stole Linda’s staged photo idea
- Mack and I took Emily for a pretzel date at Zwick’s over the weekend too, to make the most of the beautiful spring conditions. Though really, the pretzels really are an all-weather food…
The cheddar black pepper pretzel from Zwick’s