- Jacek Chocolate is celebrating the grand re-opening of their Sherwood Park location on November 18, 2017 from 10am-6pm. The renovated space is equipped with a tasting room and a cacao sorting/roasting room.
- Prairie Noodle Shop is hosting a fundraiser for the Edmonton Food Bank on November 26, 2017. Tickets for the two-course meal are $20.
- Lure cookbook author Chef Ned Bell will be preparing a four-course, wine-paired dinner at NAIT on November 18, 2017. Tickets are $120.
- Meat Street Pies want to help you get into the Christmas spirit with gingerbread house workshops at the City Market! Kits are $25 and are still available for December 2 and 9, 2017.
- Salz, the latest restaurant from the folks behind Elm Cafe, District Cafe, and Little Brick, is now open at 10556 115 Street.
- Greek restaurant Cosmos is back on 124 Street, open in the former Smokehouse BBQ space at 10812 124 Street. Cosmos is joined next door by Passport Resto Bar, who will be hosting their grand opening on November 18, 2017.
- Strathcona Spirits will finally be able to open their doors to the public for tours and sales on November 16, 2017.
- Whisk Dessert Co. will be opening a location in Kingsway Mall.
- American vegan cinnamon bun chain Cinnaholic is expanding to Canada, including Edmonton in Spring 2018.
- Twyla was impressed with the savoury and sweet offerings at Devon’s Frickin’ Delights Donuts.
- Graham sampled ramen from several restaurants in the city, including Tokiwa, Prairie Noodle, and Nudoru.
- Just in time for your holiday planning – High Level Diner is again offering frozen tourtiere.
- Vue Weekly puts together a beer-focused road trip for your consideration – a two and a half hour drive can bring you to eight breweries outside of Edmonton and Calgary, including Alberta’s youngest brewery, Fitzsimmons Brewing in Airdrie.
- Congratulations to Alan and Nicola Irving of Irvings Farm Fresh on the grand opening of their farm store, taking place November 18, 2017 from 10am-4pm.
- Our Servings is an app that hopes to crowdfund $10,000 to connect grocery stores and restaurants with excess food to agencies who could use it to feed the hungry.
- It’s been some time since I’ve had my go-to dish at Blue Plate Diner – the lamb shepherd’s pie with a side of sweet potato fries. Nothing like comfort food to warm up on a cold day!
Lamb shepherd’s pie at Blue Plate Diner
- I tried the instant noodles with minced pork at Gui Lin Noodle House for the first time over the weekend and really enjoyed it! I usually defer to noodle soups, so this was a delicious change of pace.
Fried instant noodles with minced pork at Gui Lin
- Mack and I stopped by London Local for their weekly Sunday roast menu. It’s a great deal – 3 courses for just $30. The desserts really stood out for us: a delectable Eton mess, with warm custard and meringue, and a rich sticky toffee pudding that wasn’t too sweet. We’ll be back on a different day to sample their regular menu!
Eton mess at London Local
Sticky toffee pudding at London Local