- Mark your calendar: this year’s Restaurants for Change is taking place on October 18, 2017. Proceeds from the dinner service will go towards community food programs in 19 cities in Canada. RGE RD is the only local participant.
- Congratulations on Sugared & Spiced on their storefront soft opening this weekend, located at 10334 82 Avenue. They’re closed for the next few days, but follow them on Instagram to see when you can satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Tiffin Fresh Kitchen, a fast casual restaurant offering Indian cuisine, is now open at 5135 Ellerslie Road SW.
- It looks like Iconoclast Coffee will be one of the first tenants into the new Mercantile Hub at 102 Avenue and 121 Street.
- The Tapas Tuesday menu at ZINC is now available on Wednesdays as well – Mack and I checked it out early on in the summer.
- Toronto-based Sweet Jesus will be opening two locations in Edmonton – at WEM and Southgate – get ready for some epic soft serve! Thanks to Amelia for the heads up.
- Wild Earth Foods will be closing at the end of September.
- A new chef has been announced at Wildflower Grill – a SAIT grad J.P. Dublado.
- Both Phil and Crystal attended the recent Salz pop-up, featuring examples of the sausage and beer that will be served at the restaurant when it opens in late October, located at 10556 115 Street.
- Cindy recapped Vignettes Does Dining runs by Tzin and Farrow, and has details about another lunch pop-up next week by Honest Dumplings, Revolution Ice Cream, and South Island Pie on September 26-27, 2017.
- Jonny enjoyed his first experience at Tang Bistro.
- Valerie continued her sourdough education with Kaelin Whittaker of The Ruby Apron.
- Always great to see the community get behind food drives – in this case, through a potato harvest at Lady Flower Gardens.
- I had lunch with Linda last week at El Rancho, and definitely over-ordered when it came to the pupusas.
I love the pupusas at El Rancho
- It’s been a while since we’ve had brunch with my family, so it was nice to meet up at Canteen over the weekend when my sister Felicia was visiting.
Lemon blueberry pancakes at Canteen