- Vivo’s downtown location is holding a four-course wine dinner with Zenato Winery on May 8, 2017. Tickets are $140.
- Bloom is launching their new seasonal cookie flavours at a free kick-off party on May 11, 2017.
- COMAL Taco Therapy has just announced their next dinner, taking place on May 17, 2017. Tickets for the three-course meal are $75.
- Chef Brad Smoliak is again hosting a long table dinner at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village on May 27, 2017. The $130 ticket will include dinner, cooking demonstrations, and a tour of the Village.
- Alder Room, the sister restaurant of Chef Ben Staley’s Alta, will open on May 24, 2017. Alder Room will be open from Wednesday – Saturday and offer one dinner seating at 7pm each night. Reservations are now being taken.
- Urban Diner’s southside location at 8715 109 Street has been replaced by Tang Bistro.
- Edmonton has its second Blaze Pizza location in the Brewery District – 12010 104 Avenue.
- Nando’s is also now open in the Brewery District, at 11940 104 Avenue.
- Indulgence tickets for this year’s event on June 12, 2017 go on sale May 1, 2017. Tickets are $80.
- Alta had three reviews last week – an unabashed positive experience from Graham, a more subdued summary from Twyla, and a celebration of Alta’s creativity from Liv.
- Crystal returned to Rocky Mountain Icehouse for the first time after several years to try out a more recent menu.
- Great to see a feature on what the chef at Youth Empowerment and Support Services has to contend with in order to prepare meals for the youth accessing their services.
- Ever wondered how you can make green onion cakes in at home? Valerie shows you how, in her latest “Cooking with You” post featuring Ming Franks.
- Cindy tackles Shanghai 456’s recipe for Shanghainese hot and sour soup from Edmonton Cooks.
- It’s been some time since I’ve had a vanilla latte from Credo, but it was just as good as I remembered.
Vanilla latte from Credo
- Sometimes, Mom’s home cooking is in order. This weekend, she made a beautiful laksa for our family dinner. I’m one lucky gal!
One thought on “Food Notes for April 24, 2017”
I have never forgotten that you once told me my recipes were too complicated when I asked you why you never made any of them. Well, I think the onion cakes recipe is just for you! (Since that time, I have sincerely worked at simplifying many of my recipes!) I was thinking of you when we were enjoying ourselves in the kitchen – and this would be a fun activity for you and your sisters and a great contribution to one of your mother’s incredible meals. And, on that note, I had to look up Laksa. Sorry, but I have no idea what it was. Yum! So, I think your mom might be making some of your favourite foods that may need to be preserved via my project. I would like you to think about that. What does she make that you can’t really master yet, that you would hate to be lost and would like preserved as part of your food heritage…