- Vivo’s downtown location is holding a four-course wine dinner with Zenato Winery on May 8, 2017. Tickets are $140.
- Bloom is launching their new seasonal cookie flavours at a free kick-off party on May 11, 2017.
- COMAL Taco Therapy has just announced their next dinner, taking place on May 17, 2017. Tickets for the three-course meal are $75.
- Chef Brad Smoliak is again hosting a long table dinner at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village on May 27, 2017. The $130 ticket will include dinner, cooking demonstrations, and a tour of the Village.
- Alder Room, the sister restaurant of Chef Ben Staley’s Alta, will open on May 24, 2017. Alder Room will be open from Wednesday – Saturday and offer one dinner seating at 7pm each night. Reservations are now being taken.
- Urban Diner’s southside location at 8715 109 Street has been replaced by Tang Bistro.
- Edmonton has its second Blaze Pizza location in the Brewery District – 12010 104 Avenue.
- Nando’s is also now open in the Brewery District, at 11940 104 Avenue.
- Indulgence tickets for this year’s event on June 12, 2017 go on sale May 1, 2017. Tickets are $80.
- Alta had three reviews last week – an unabashed positive experience from Graham, a more subdued summary from Twyla, and a celebration of Alta’s creativity from Liv.
- Crystal returned to Rocky Mountain Icehouse for the first time after several years to try out a more recent menu.
- Great to see a feature on what the chef at Youth Empowerment and Support Services has to contend with in order to prepare meals for the youth accessing their services.
- Ever wondered how you can make green onion cakes in at home? Valerie shows you how, in her latest “Cooking with You” post featuring Ming Franks.
- Cindy tackles Shanghai 456’s recipe for Shanghainese hot and sour soup from Edmonton Cooks.
- It’s been some time since I’ve had a vanilla latte from Credo, but it was just as good as I remembered.
Vanilla latte from Credo
- Sometimes, Mom’s home cooking is in order. This weekend, she made a beautiful laksa for our family dinner. I’m one lucky gal!