- The second annual Culinary Cookout returns to Sturgeon County on August 5, 2016, from 4-9pm. Food vendors will include XIX Nineteen.
- Taste of Edmonton returns to Churchill Square in a month, running from July 20-31, 2016. They just released the menu, and tickets are on sale at 20% off until July 20.
- K Days also announced its new food items, offered at the fair running July 22-31, 2016. They include a rainbow grilled cheese, a poutine corn dog and deep fried coffee.
- KB & Co is now open in Fox One (10224 104 Street), offering “casual conscious eats”.
- Holts Cafe will be revamping its menu now that Chef Julia Kundera, formerly of Glasshouse Bistro, has moved into its kitchen.
- The Journal paid a visit to the much loved Earls Tin Palace on Jasper Avenue.
- Graham checks out the variety of Korean fried chicken options in Edmonton.
- Congratulations to A Cappella Catering, who is celebrating its 25th year in business.
- Mel Priestly announced her departure of the position of Dish/News Editor at Vue Weekly.
- It’s a movement that chefs in Edmonton are growing their own produce, shares Vue Weekly.
- I missed linking to this last week – a profile on Bo and Marrow, a new bone broth vendor at both the City Market and St. Albert Farmers’ Markets.
- It’s great to see that the Leduc Food Processing Development Centre has received a $10 million expansion.
- Congrats to District Cafe, who re-opened after an extensive renovation. The space has easily tripled in size, and will accommodate evening hours and an expanded menu. It’s great to have a locally-owned cafe option open late in Downtown Edmonton.
- The second What the Truck?! event of the summer took place on Saturday at Blatchford. It was neat to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to check out the view from the observation tower. And the weather was perfect for al fresco eats! I really enjoyed the lamb burger from The Good Stuff, and I couldn’t resist an ice cream sandwich from Cookie Love. If you missed it, don’t despair – the next event takes place in conjunction with Park After Dark at Northlands on July 8.
The Daily Grind burger from The Good Stuff
Salted caramel ice cream sandwich from Cookie Love