- Many Edmonton restaurants have stepped up to collect donations or donate proceeds from meals served to support the Fort McMurray fire evacuees. One of those is a dinner on May 16 at BLVD, involving several local chefs. Tickets are $125 plus fees. Remember – you can also donate directly to the Canadian Red Cross.
- Missed the first Northern Chicken pop-up? Not to worry, they’ve announced the date of their second pop-up at Belgravia Hub, taking place on May 16. Details to come.
- Vue Weekly released the winners of their 2016 Golden Fork Awards. The issue also features articles on Farm to Fork Eatery in Sherwood Park, Workshop Eatery, The Local Omnivore and Love Pizza.
- Square One Coffee is Edmonton’s newest coffee shop, located at 17 Fairway Drive.
- V Sandwiches on Rice Howard Way has finally re-opened!
- St. Albert darling Jack’s Burger Shack now has a food truck, enabling them to serve the City of Edmonton! Follow them on Twitter to find out about their next location.
- I’m sorry to hear that Sabzy Persian Grill announced their closure last week.
- KB and Co, a plant-based cafe, is set to open in the Fox Tower on June 1. With all of the challenges faced by Earth’s General Store, it’ll be interesting to see how another vegan/health-conscious business does on 104 Street.
- Ms. Hangry Foodie checked out Nudoru Ramen Bar and was hoping for more.
- Jonny visited Workshop Eatery and had a mixed experience.
- Cindy recapped the final Comal Mexican Table Dinner of the season.
- Phil’s latest Off Menu podcast is all about Twyla and Steve Campbell’s Northern Food Night.
- Looking for some ready-made meals for the freezer? Modern Mama tried Funky Fork, a local catering business that offers freezer meals.
- I missed this last week – it’s great to see Pat’s shop, Ocean Odyssey Inland, get some great coverage on their expansion.
- It wasn’t a good sign at Tappen Taro (380, 800 Broadmoor Boulevard) on Saturday night when we arrived to a near-empty restaurant. My Mum had seen an ad in a local paper and wanted to try it. The food was okay, but during the meal, we were longing for Izakaya Tomo.
Appetizer platter for two at Tappen Taro
- It was great fun to help Annie host her baby shower on Saturday! I probably bit off more than I could chew, but everything came together in the end. It was also great to have a Sugared & Spiced cake for our finale!
Baby shower goodies!