Our penultimate What the Truck?! event of the 2015 season takes place on Saturday, August 22, 2015 from 4-8pm at Telus Field. Come join us for some eats on the outfield! On to this week’s food notes:
- Alberta Open Farm Days runs this weekend, August 22-23, 2015, and offer people the chance to visit and learn more about some of the wonderful farms and farmers in this province. Of note, Northlands is showcasing their urban agriculture project close to home, for those who don’t want to venture too far out.
- I remember Liane was one of the first to stoke the rumours about a Whole Foods coming to Edmonton (which turned out to be true), but I have to say I’m pretty skeptical about a Shake Shack expanding to Edmonton as its first Canadian location.
- Let’s hope Rostizado is the latest Edmonton restaurant destined for the prestigious enRoute list of Best New Restaurants. But in the meantime, you can do your part by voting for them in the People’s Choice category.
- Linda checked out an underrated restaurant on Edmonton’s southside called LETS Grill, specializing in cuisine found in northeast China.
- Liv enjoyed her experience at Ikki Izakaya, the second izakaya to open in Edmonton.
- It’s the end of an era for Happy Garden, at least in its current location. They’ve been given 3 months notice to vacate their storefront, and relocation isn’t guaranteed, as the family may not want to start from scratch.
- I was saddened to learn that The Bothy’s 124 Street location will be closed for the foreseeable future, due to declining foot traffic because of the 102 Avenue Bridge closure.
- I’m hoping for more pictures about the inaugural Feast on the Field fundraiser at Commonwealth Stadium – it sounds like it was a very unique evening with great food!
- I missed linking to Phil’s list of top 5 fried chicken in Edmonton last week.
- Let’s hope the sunshine isn’t gone for good – and when it comes back, here are some patio options from Avenue Edmonton to help make the most of those last summer rays.
- Sure, this video is portraying stereotypes of Asian restaurants versus mainstream establishments, but it doesn’t mean it didn’t make us laugh in parts.
- Mack and I took our parents to Café Amore last week to catch up over pasta. I think it was a point of pride for the men to clean their plates, while my Mum, Patti and I were content to take home the leftovers.
My favourite truffle pasta