I can’t believe it’s just a month until Christmas! Now if only someone in my household would let me put up the Christmas tree already. On to this week’s food notes…
- The Calgary Herald’s food writer Gwendolyn Richards published a cookbook this fall, called Pucker: A Cookbook for Citrus Lovers. She will be in Edmonton on November 27, 2014 at the Cory Christopher Christmas Market for a launch party and book signing.
- I’m looking forward to this weekend’s Royal Bison – lots of gifts for your favourite foodie, including State Motto, which makes cocktail bitters.
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is ready for the holidays – their Nutcracker Tea & Tour is back, as are their festive meals.
- Cindy shared her recent experience at the new Chinatown location of Lee House (9711 107 Ave).
- Andrea and Cindy both made it to the second Prairie Noodle Shop Pop-up over the weekend.
- Have you filled out the Earth’s General Store survey yet? They are seeking feedback on how they might be able to enhance the shopping experience at their downtown location.
- Are you one of the increasing numbers of working men heading up the kitchen in your household?
- Speaking of men, the Sexy Men of YEGFood calendar has been tearing up Twitter, featuring twelve of your favourite local food personalities, like you’ve never seen them before! They’re $20, with all proceeds going to the Edmonton Food Bank. Mack and I picked up our copy on the weekend at Drift, where we were lucky enough to also get it autographed by Mr. July himself – Baconhound.
Phil’s letting it all hang out