It’s been a pretty good week – Kim and Shane welcomed a beautiful baby boy last week, so we’re now the proud Aunt & Uncle of an adorable little ginger. Can’t wait to watch him grow! On to this week’s food notes:
- Our last What the Truck?! of the season will see Edmonton’s largest food truck gathering ever take place on Friday, September 12, from 4-8pm in Churchill Square. The menus are up, so you can plan your meal in advance. Hope to see you there!
- On September 14, the first annual Mid-Autumn Festival celebration is taking place in Churchill Square from 1-9pm. I’m looking forward to the release of the boats into the pool in front of City Hall after dark – should be a sight to see!
- Some restaurant news – it turns out the folks behind Café Amore will be taking over the space vacated by Lit on 104 Street. Expect the Black Pearl Seafood Bar to open in February 2015, with a focus on fresh seafood options.
- Somerville Wine Bar has changed hands – Jan Trittenbach, formerly of Packrat Louie, will reopen the space as Solstice Seasonal Cuisine in October.
- The Journal reviewed the new Rocky Mountain Ice House last week.
- El Cortez was reviewed by Twyla on CBC last week as well.
- Two local doughnut makers will be competing on this season’s Donut Showdown: Bliss Baked Goods and Moonshine Donuts.
- Liane wrote about some of the great eats out of the Earth’s General Store deli. If you need an extra incentive, and have a 2014-15 community league membership, check out their Community League Member Appreciation Day on September 21, 2014 for a 10% discount in store.
- Valerie has a round-up of the latest Canadian Experience Project posts, focusing on the Canadian garden.
- My sisters organized a wonderful bridal shower for me over the weekend, which included a private cooking class, a beautiful meal at Tzin and fun games. Thanks, Amanda & Felicia!
Of course the bacon had to make an appearance on our Tzin tasting menu
With my sisters & my Mum
3 thoughts on “Food Notes for September 8, 2014”
sharon – such a lovely pic of you and your family. you all look GREAT!
another great round-up, thanks as always for your posts.
Thank you! I always enjoy reading your blog and all the information you share!
Answer the question now for a chance to win a $100 gift card to your favorite fast food chain. Welcome to http://goo.gl/xOFd6q
Love the family picture, as well…. and exciting time! XOXO
I love the cooking class shower idea!