It’s hard to believe it’s already September, but at least we had a long weekend to help us ease into it! Hope you had a good break, too! On to this week’s food notes:
- Downtown Edmonton Community League’s annual Corn Fest is back on September 6, 2014. Head to Beaver Hills House Park on Jasper Avenue and 105 Street for free corn fro 11am-3pm.
- The next Make Something Monday breakfast session on September 8, 2014 is all about food! Join Phil as he moderates a discussion featuring RGE RD’s Blair Lebsack, Get Cooking’s Kathryn Joel and Tres Carnales’ Daniel Braun. Tickets are free but you have to pre-register.
- Hawkers Market has relocated to Latitude 53, and for the first time, have brought in live music. Get your tickets to the September 13, 2014 event here.
- The Red Shoe Crawl on 124 Street is coming up on September 14, 2014! I had a blast attending the Old Strathcona Red Shoe Crawl earlier this year, and don’t doubt that this event will be equally fun. Tickets are $45, but also check out Linda and Andrea’s blogs for a chance to win a pair of free tickets!
- Earth’s General Store is hosting a produce swap at its south side location on September 14, 2014.
- Edmonton now has two board game cafes, with The Hexagon Café joining the mix.
- Linda reviewed Spruce Grove’s newest Italian restaurant, Porta Romana.
- You may have already voted for the local restaurants nominated in EnRoute’s Best New Restaurant category, but have you voted for your favourite local watering hole? There are nine up for consideration.
- Burger King has bought Tim Horton’s, but besides the same bad pun, nothing has changed yet.
- We finally bought some of the Lays “Do us a flavour” chips to try. The Cinnamon Bun flavour wasn’t as odd as we thought it would be, but Mack’s really enjoying the Jalapeno Mac N’ Cheese.
What’s your flavour? (we found all four flavours in stock at the Co-op on the south side)
- In between errands on the weekend, Mack and I stopped by The Burger Joint for lunch. It was just as good as we remembered (and we were stuffed for hours).
Lunch at The Burger Joint
- After the amazing Symphony in the City concert on Saturday night, Mack and I headed to Woodwork for a late-night cocktail and bite to eat.
The Blinker at Woodwork
2 thoughts on “Food Notes for September 1, 2014”
Thanks for the shout-out about CornFest Sharon! Also, I had the bacon poutine Lays…they were terrible.
Great idea – the Make Something Monday – who initiated it. Living in a cave – that’s me.