- The Telus World of Science is finally getting into the evening/adults-only special event business! The first Dark Matters: An Evening for Adults on March 13 explores the art and science of Alley Kat beer, cheese and molecular gastronomy. There’s even a 3D screening of Gravity. Check it out!
- Help celebrate the end of Winter in Edmonton with a Farewell to Winter Patio Party this weekend, March 14-16, 2014. It’s great to see so many establishments involved, but is it too much to ask to post any special menus the restaurants will be offering at that time?
- Elm Café’s Dining Room is hosting another seasonal dinner on March 15, 2014, this time on the occasion of St. Patrick’s Day! The three course meal is just $30. Reservation details here.
- Don’t forget about the annual Culinary Cook-off on March 15, a fundraiser for Mount Royal. This year’s theme is “Noodles and Doodles”, and will see ten chefs present their best pasta creation for the hungry masses.
- The Mirepoix Trio is hosting another pop-up dinner on March 16, this time at The Clever Rabbit.
- Century Hospitality’s newest restaurant in Edmonton, Hart’s Table & Bar in Terwillegar (14229 23 Avenue) is now open!
- Sabor Divino is rebranding their tapas lounge – Bodega. They hosted an open house tonight.
- I didn’t get to the Taste of Iceland at Characters last week, but heard the food was great. Cindy, Eva and Maki wrote about their experiences.
- The Journal reviewed Glass Monkey positively last week.
- Cindy wrote about the newest Latino grocery store in Edmonton, El Mariachi on 124 Street.
- It sounds like the response to District Coffee Co.’s first week was amazing! Cindy was among those who checked it out.
- The Tomato’s second annual Top 100 Best Things to Eat in Edmonton list is finally online.
- The JLS Night Market will be continuing this year in a different location – Beaver Hills House Park, starting June 6, 2014, and will run every Friday night from 7-11pm until August 29.
- I missed linking to this last week – Northlands started an initiative called Alberta Flavour, which will help local agri-food companies grow.
- The fourth season of Top Chef Canada started today, and like the seasons before, there is no Edmonton representation, but ample competitors (three, in total) who currently work in Calgary.
- Maki and Marianne organized a food and drink bloggers meet up that took place at The Common last week. It was great to catch-up with some familiar faces and get to know some new ones! Carla posted a recap here.
Short rib and risotto from The Common (I loved the sweet potato chips!)
- My sisters and I had lunch at Tiramisu Bistro on the weekend. We dined during the brunch/lunch rush, but it didn’t really excuse the indifference our server demonstrated throughout our meal. My prosciutto panini was okay, though the French onion soup had an odd consistency.
Prosciutto panini from Tiramisu Bistro