The weeks are just flying by now that the warm weather is here! Hope you’re out enjoying it as much as possible! On to this week’s food notes:
- EDIT: I was remiss in not including a link to the menu of high end street food that will be served at this year’s Al Fresco on 104 Street. Participating restaurants include Corso 32, Pampa, Sabor Divino, Lit, MRKT and Elm Cafe.
- Every time I turn around there seems to be another farmers’ market in the city! My Mum told me about a new one in the Meadows at 4430 17 Street in the Home Depot parking lot on Tuesday evenings from 4-8pm. It runs May 17 to October 4, 2011.
- Sherene blogged about the newest waffle truck in town, Wannawafel. It looks like their waffles use beet instead of pearl sugar.
- See Magazine reviewed Sakana (7908 104 Street), a new-ish Japanese restaurant in Old Strathcona.
- Liane wrote about some changes happening at Culina – namely, that Culina Mill Creek will no longer be serving lunch, but that Bibo next door will pick up where it leaves off.
- The USDA will be replacing its food pyramid with a plate icon on Thursday – not sure a change in design will change people’s eating habits, but it is easier to visualize.
- Heading to New York? Here are five restaurant alternatives to tourist traps.
- Mack sent me a link about Mark Zuckerberg’s personal challenge this year – to eat only what he kills himself.