Mack and I are in San Francisco! I won’t be blogging while we’re away, though he might be. Here are a few notes for the week:
- The place to be in 104 Street (but then again, I’m biased): Queen of Tarts is moving into the basement of the Armstrong Building, and will be serving her pastries, coffee and sandwiches.
- What happens when foodies get together: read all about the dinner and tour Valerie (aka A Canadian Foodie) had at Kevin Kossowan’s house.
- Speaking of Kevin – he has released the first two videos in his series profiling local farmers. Check them out!
- Great read from Avenue Calgary about the past (and future) of their farmers’ markets.
- The NYT published an article recently about cafes in NY moving back to the set up of coffee shops of yore – bar stools meant not for those needing a mobile office.
- We did head down to the City Market on Saturday, but obviously didn’t do any shopping. We weren’t going to miss out on seeing the petting zoo though, courtesy of Chicken John’s. I so wanted to take home a baby goat, and the teeny bunnies would have fit in my purse without anyone noticing. Too cute!
- We also noticed Karen’s Cake in a Cup. She had some really interesting flavours, like root beer float. Unfortunately, she doesn’t sell individual cakes, and we weren’t about to consume a half dozen cupcakes in a day (6/$12). Maybe next time!
Karen’s Cake in a Cup
Have a good two weeks!