- Congratulations to Bodega on the opening of their sixth Edmonton-area location in Ellerslie (916 103A Street SW).
- Bar Oro’s pop-up on Capital Boulevard is open again while their permanent location continues to undergo renovations. The pop-up is located at 10047 108 Street.
- The Lunchbox Sandwich Shop opened in March, near Ezio Farone Park. Find them at the Ledgeview Business Centre, 9707 110 Street, #103.
- Die Pie will be re-opening soon at a new location, 11817 105 Avenue. It is double the size of their previous restaurant.
- H & W Produce will be opening up their first shop in Sherwood Park later this summer in the former Planet Organic location at Unit 160, 201 Festival Way.
- Long-standing Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market vendor Gramma Bear’s Home Baking have retired after 35 years.
- Edmonton Eats is hosting a Cooking Around the Globe Event on May 6 at the Kingsway Legion, featuring a three-course dinner with recipes from Libya and Morocco. Individual tickets are $27.96.
- Epic is hosting two charcuterie pairing events with Meuwly’s chef Peter Keith next month, one with wine on May 8 for $90/person, and another alongside beer on May 25 for $35/person.
- With the Oilers post-season in full swing, Edify’s playoff bar guide might come in handy.
- I really like Linda’s post about California-inspired eats available in Edmonton given our first round opponent is the LA Kings.
- Edify checked out the duck wings at The Underground Tap & Grill.
- Sharon points out some of the restaurants offering their take on Vietnamese street food, including Mai Mai, Da Kao, Chi & Em, and Co Chin Saigon.
- Tamara Vineberg’s annual Montreal bagel fundraiser is back, with proceeds benefiting the B’Nai Brith Youth Organization. St. Viateur Bagels will be shipped to Edmonton on June 14. They can be ordered for $21.95 per dozen.
- The Public Food Hub is hosting their first Insight Lab on April 19: “Insight Labs are exclusive, small roundtable tasting sessions connecting brands with food lovers.
During each session, you will get the first taste of a new product, allowing you to provide valuable feedback to our Makers such as taste, presentation, packaging and positioning.” Advance registration is required.
- Omar Mouallem talks to CKUA about his feature-length movie, The Lebanese Burger Mafia, which will premiere at Hot Docs in Toronto in May.