Happy holidays to those who celebrate! Just a note that this will be my last Food Notes of 2022 – thanks for reading and supporting local businesses along the way.
- Chain restaurant Chung Chun, serving up Korean-style hot dogs, is now open in West Edmonton Mall (Unit 2583).
- Taiwanese dessert chain Meet Fresh has added a second Edmonton location in South Edmonton Common (1915 98 Street).
- Phil’s latest Best Dish column highlights Crum, Stopgap, and Fawkes Coffee and Doughnuts.
- Linda has a handy post rounding up holiday baked goods available from local bakeries.
- Also from Linda – her latest partnered Chinatown post highlights a dozen
stocking stuffers under $12 that can be found at Lucky 97.
- Edify visited Curry Corner in Riverbend and Match Eatery and Public House.
- NAIT put together a gift
guide featuring items (including many food and drink options) sourced from
companies started by NAIT grads.
- Edmontonian Renell Doneza competed on CTV’s new show Cross Country Cake Off.
- Antonio Frattin, co-founder of the Italian Bakery, passed away on December 14, 2022.
- New Harvest, a non-profit focused on cellular agriculture, is collaborating with the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute to advance the science of lab-grown meat.
What I Ate
- I had a lovely visit with a friend last week who offered to bring take-out from Pho Tau Bay over to enjoy. Needless to say, it hit the spot (as did the cup of broth I reserved for the next day!).
Pho Tau Bay take-out
- Mack and I picked up lunch from our neighbourhood Northern Chicken last week. The chicken sandwich was very satisfying, and given its size, negated my usual need for an afternoon snack that day.
Fried chicken sandwich with Dorito mac and cheese