- I love the idea of watching the Royal Wedding at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald over breakfast on May 19, 2018.
- Five local restaurants are participating in A Taste for Life, where 25% of proceeds from dining on April 25, 2018 will support HIV Edmonton. Reservations must be made in advance.
- Cinnaholic, offering gourmet, customizable cinnamon buns, will open on May 11, 2018 at 10075 109 Street, and will sell $1 rolls from 10am-2pm that day. Cinnaholic offers vegan customizable cinnamon rolls.
- You might remember Baijiu Chef Alexei Boldireff’s bread from his food truck days, when he was slinging sandwiches from S’wich. Well, the bread’s back, in the form of banh mi at Baijiu on Fridays starting May 11.
- Eats on 118 is back this summer! Tickets are already on sale for the two events taking place June 13 and August 29, 2018. I attended all three events last year and had a blast!
- Rogue Wave Coffee’s new cafe location to open in late May or June will add to an already great scene downtown, at 10190 104 Street.
- KB and Company will be adding two new locations this year – one on 124 Street and another in Windermere.
- Vue shares the story behind the Colombian Coffee and Roastery.
- Graham is the latest to visit Rooster Cafe & Kitchen.
- YEG Cravings posted reviews for El Fogon and The Butternut Tree.
- Bundok received a pair of reviews last week from the Journal and Vue Weekly.
- Also about Bundok – Sharman recaps their recent Swine and Dine dinner.
- Dawn is running a contest to honour the Sweetest Bakery in Canada. Voting is open from April 2 – July 31, 2018.
- Eat North is offering awards to “help, encourage and mentor the next generation of Canadian culinary writers”, with a competition open to grade 12 and full-time post-secondary students. Submissions are due May 20, 2018.
- If you’re planning out your garden, consider the plants raised by Forest City Plants, Dustin Bajer’s experimental nursery.
- Northlands is accepting applications for their free Princes Beekeeping Project, which teaches 12-18 year olds all about beekeeping, hive-building, and honey production.
- It looks like Montreal-based chocolate/dessert shop Cacao 70 is opening up a standalone location in Ice District, at the base of the Edmonton Tower (they had an ice cream cart at Kingsway Mall up until earlier this year).
- It was time to introduce Mack to the sourdough crust at District Cafe – the Salz sausage pizza is my favourite.
Pepperoni and mushroom and Salz sausage pizzas at District