- The next Green Drinks on April 4, 2018, organized by The Local Good, is all about local food. Advance tickets are just $10.
- The Edmonton International BeerFest is back April 13-14, 2018 at the Shaw Conference Centre.
- Mark your calendar – the annual Culinary Arts Cook Off is scheduled for April 14, 2018. They just released their line-up of chefs.
- The family behind Lan’s Asian Grill decided to sell their business. I wish them the best in their new endeavours!
- Smokehouse BBQ will be relocating to 161 Street & 109 Avenue this spring.
- Vegetarian restaurant Copper Branch is opening up a location at 10310 Jasper Avenue.
- Plant-based butcher YamChops is coming to Edmonton.
- Vue Weekly is the latest to review Biera.
- Crystal has a pair of reviews for Soy & Pepper and Nello’s.
- Sharman recaps the last Swine & Dine supper at the Royal Glenora Club.
- The Local Good’s Restaurants of YEG series highlights Arcadia this week.
- Last week, the inaugural Alberta Beer Awards took place in Calgary. Take a look at the winners here, including Blind Enthusiasm, who was named Brewery of the Year.
- Congratulations to Kevin Kossowan on his James Beard nomination for From the Wild!
- For our first restaurant foray with Emily, we picked an old favourite: Route 99. We didn’t dawdle, but it was sure nice to have a meal out!
Hello, old friend
3 thoughts on “Food Notes for March 19, 2018”
I think the culinary cook off is the 14th, not 18th of April. It is such a great fundraiser for the school I would hate for anyone to miss it .
Thanks for the correction – fixed!
Plant based butcher! Hmmmm. So totally not a butcher then? I am so confused. How can this be a thing? Surely they can come up with a suitable name to describe a valuable service that teaches people to love their veg! Dictionary definition of butcher is; a person whose trade is cutting up and selling meat in a shop.
Sorry for the rant!