- The Marc hopes to transport you to Alsace with three-course dinners from January 12-21, 2017. The meal costs $49.
- The first Passion for Pork Swine and Dine dinner takes place at The Common on January 17, 2017. The four-course meal is just $30.
- Local Public Eatery’s downtown location opened last week at 11228 Jasper Avenue.
- Burger’s Priest is opening up a second Edmonton location at South Common (2125 98 Street). Thanks to CanelaMaia for the heads up!
- I missed Panini’s Italian, a new-ish restaurant that opened up last year at 8544 Jasper Avenue.
- Lillian confirmed that the Alberta Hotel Bar & Kitchen is now closed.
- Cindy shared a photo log of dishes served at recent popups held by Baijiu, the forthcoming restaurant/bar opening up in the Mercer Warehouse.
- If you’re looking to order from a menu of 67 schnitzels, check out Haus Falkenstein, which reopened a few months ago after a rebuild.
- Andrea, Cindy and the Journal all share early reviews of Otto, the new sausage and beer emporium in Norwood.
- Graham enjoyed his evening at The Almanac on Whyte.
- Vue Weekly joins the chorus of overwhelmingly positive reviews for Northern Chicken.
- Liv at The Globe thinks Bodega is here to stay in Highlands.
- Lacombe’s Blindman Brewing is the latest local business to start a crowdfunding campaign: they’re hoping to raise $20,000 to purchase two giant oak barrels to age beer.
- It’s finally here: Fort Saskatchewan is the location of the first McDonald’s in Alberta offering all-day breakfast.
- Can you believe Deep Freeze celebrated its tenth anniversary this year? Our tradition at Deep Freeze is to share a poutine – and who are we to break with tradition?
- On our walk home from Deep Freeze, we stopped by Hyatt Place. The restaurant/lounge was a lovely open space, but it was unfortunately dead quiet. It was nice to see a couple of local products on the shelves though – Caramia Caramels and Fudgalicious.
Second floor lounge at Hyatt Place
- Mack and I have been meaning to revisit Three Boars for some time – the weather finally cleared up enough so we could walk over to the restaurant this weekend. Mushrooms and toast was as tasty as I remembered, and though I don’t regret the first few bites of dessert, it was definitely meant to be shared by a party larger than two!
Mushrooms and toast
Dark chocolate brownie, fernet ice cream, house-made marshmallow, salted caramel