- Author Marty Chan is hosting a ten-course Chinese dinner at Sai Woo Gardens on June 15, 2016. Tickets are just $45.
- If you’re looking for an outdoor supper out of the ordinary, look no further than Brad Smoliak’s long table dinners located at Elk Island. The first for this year is scheduled on June 18, 2016. Tickets are $150 each.
- The latest Vegan Snack Attack box, put together by Long Lost Foods and Blue Rose Baking, can be pre-ordered by June 21 for pick-up on June 23. The $40 box feeds four.
- Diner en Blanc has announced its 2016 date: July 28, 2016. You can sign up now for the white dinner in the hopes you’ll be chosen.
- Careit Urban Deli on 104 Street is the newest brunch destination downtown!
- Andrea and Cindy have already stopped by Daniel Costa’s newest restaurant, Uccellino, which opened last week.
- It’s been great to see such a proliferation of independently-owned coffee shops all across the city – Avenue profiles one of the newest, Square 1 Coffee in Aspen Gardens.
- Evonne reviews Seoul Fried Chicken.
- The Journal will be profiling patios all summer. First up: Little Brick.
- John Gilchrist, food reviewer for the Calgary Herald, provides some tips on how to review restaurants.
- Wine lovers rejoice – Northern Lands will be back in 2017.
- I love the idea of a cookbook club, as an alternative to the traditional book club: members trial recipes from the same book and bring it to a tasting party! Athena tested out this idea with the Duchess cookbook.
- I had a work lunch at Juniper last week. The pesto chicken grilled cheese was tasty, but was a bit on the small size.
Pesto chicken grilled cheese from Juniper
- Not up to cook on Friday, Mack and I headed to Route 99 for some poutine and pizza.
We love us some Route 99 poutine
- There was a ton to do on Saturday, which made it feel like the official kick-off to summer. We checked out, among other things, the Meet Me in McCauley Market. It returns to Church Street (96 Street from 107A Avenue to 108 Avenue) on July 9 from 10am-4pm.
Meet Me in McCauley Market