- Congratulations to The Tea Girl on their expanded shop, helped in part by a crowdfunding campaign. Their grand re-opening is slated for March 16.
- The Local Omnivore is hosting a Burger Bar Pop-up on March 18, 2016 from 6-10pm.
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is hosting their annual “farewell to winter” patio party on April 2, 2016. This year, it’s themed around fire and ice. Tickets are $46 and includes appetizers.
- Calle Mexico’s storefront location opened up on March 1, 2016 at 11127 107 Avenue.
- Stuffed Gourmet Sausage Company, the sister restaurant of Smokehouse BBQ, opened last week at 10810 124 Street. Dine in or pick up some sausages to go.
- Speaking of Smokehouse, they’ve teamed up with Samuel Adams Beer to create weekly menu pairings. Andrea reports back on what you can expect.
- The third Browns Social House is now open in Tamarack (2511 17 Street).
- Thanks to Cindy for the heads up that KB & Co will be opening up this spring in the Fox Tower. It looks like they’ll be serving up an organic, vegan and soy-free menu.
- Seoul Fried Chicken continues to rack up its fans, this time at Vue Weekly as well as Ms. Hangry Foodie. Both recommend calling ahead.
- Jonny checked out Washoku Bistro.
- Stephanie is the latest to review Ikki Izakaya.
- Beth enjoyed her coffee and tried the whoopie pies at The Woodrack Cafe.
- The Globe reviewed Prairie Noodle Shop last week.
- Phil’s fourth Brunch Odyssey pits The Next Act against its sister restaurant, Meat.
- Eat North spotlights Cory Rakowski, the new chef at North 53.
- A CBC Marketplace investigation has prompted Earls to change its dress code.
- Want to learn more about ramen? Check out this excerpt from a new book called Rice, Noodle, Fish by Matt Goulding.
- Winter patios are rapidly becoming spring patios, which are great to see. Now if only the city committed to cleaning the streets as needed, instead of waiting until May…
Kelly’s Pub on 104 Street
- Speaking of patios, Mack and I walked down to Little Brick on Sunday to bask in the sun. It’s such a great neighbourhood spot.
- Craving pancakes after work on Saturday, Mack and I headed to Hathaway’s Diner to feed our craving. Nothing beats their breakfast classic.
Breakfast classic at Hathaway’s Diner