- The second annual Mid-Autumn Festival celebration at Churchill Square is taking place on September 19, 2015, from 1-10pm. There will be food trucks and of course, moon cakes!
- The next Alberta Pork Swine & Dine event is brunch at Packrat Louie on September 20, 2015. A three-course meal is just $30.
- Cook it Raw Alberta is hosting a pop-up dinner at RGE RD on September 21, 2015, featuring Cook it Raw founder Alessandro Porcelli. Tickets are $150 each.
- The second annual Dig In Festival runs October 1-3, 2015 in St. Albert. Workshops include bacon making, coffee tasting, gardening and foraging. Tickets for select workshops are limited – sign up soon to have your pick!
- The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is scheduled for November 6-7, 2015 at the Shaw Conference Centre, but the early bird discount for tickets ends September 25, 2015.
- Chefs Daniel Huber (formerly of the Pourhouse Bier Bistro) and Levi Biddlecombe (of Attila the HUNgry) have partnered together for Buddha Boys. They’re looking into opening a new restaurant in Edmonton and bottling their own line of sodas.
- Hungry for wings? Vue Weekly investigates some of the city’s wing specials for you.
- The return of the automat: a restaurant in San Francisco is testing customers’ appetites for minimal human interaction with almost fully automated operations.
- On the way home on Sunday, we stopped by Bru Coffee and Beer House, located in the Pearl (11965 Jasper Avenue). It’s been open for a few weeks, but is gearing up for its grand opening on September 19, 2015, from 2pm-late. Bru serves Transcend, Phil & Sebastian and Bows + Arrows Coffee, and on tap Alley Kat beers. It’ll be great to have another locally-owned coffee shop with hours after 5pm.
Bru Coffee and Beer House
- We had to make the most of what may be our last blast of summer – first with a visit to the 124 Grand Market on Thursday. The market runs until October 8, 2015.
Buttermilk fried chicken sandwiches and poutine from Drift
- Saturday was also the perfect patio day, and a few friends and I took advantage of it on the lush Manor Café porch.
Mac and cheese with braised beef short rib from Manor Café