It’s that time of summer where I lament at how fast the season is progressing – it’s already mid-July. Hope you’re out making the most of it! On to this week’s food notes:
- Time’s running out to get your discounted Taste of Edmonton tickets – they’re 10% off until July 15 at 6pm. The festival runs July 17-25, 2015.
- Daore is Edmonton’s newest Korean eatery. Both Cindy and Jonny have already paid it a visit.
- Stephanie checked out a new Filipino restaurant in Riverbend, called The Teaket Eatery.
- Twyla is the latest to review St. Albert’s 12 Acres.
- The Journal reviewed a restaurant off the beaten path – Salvadorean Mamenche’s.
- Karlynn and Phil released their latest episode of Sweet Tooth and Meat Tooth, on the topic of what they think Edmonton needs.
- The Downtown location of Hudson’s is closing this week.
- Congratulations to Michelle for her Taste Canada award nomination for The Tiffin Box!
- Genius – local bakery business Sugared and Spiced is starting a Cake Club: pick three special dates in advance and have a cake delivered to you in the city in time for your celebration. Great for those last minute shoppers who need a reminder! Sign up to be notified of the Club’s launch.
- Smokehouse BBQ’s sister business The Pie Eatery is launching this fall! We haven’t seen their associated food truck out and about yet, but hopefully it will happen soon.
The Pie Eatery
- Also in the neighbourhood is the relocated Acquired Taste Tea Company, just a stone’s throw from their previous location, at 10122 124 Street.
Acquired Taste Tea Company
- I’ve been looking forward to peaches all summer – they’re back at Steve & Dan’s!
Peaches for me!
- Weekend breakfasts for us are usually eggy affairs, but we opted to stop by Coffee Bureau instead on our way back home on Saturday morning. It was a good choice: their Leva-baked fontina and ham croissants are worth getting up for.
Coffees and croissants at Coffee Bureau
- We had a partial family dinner at RGE RD tonight. Tonight’s kitchen board was probably the best we’ve had (elk terrine, bison sliders and fish sticks), and Mack and I both couldn’t pass up the Arctic char special with beurre blanc. Of course, an order of perogies was also warranted for the table. Thanks to Blair, Caitlin and team for a great meal! Looking forward to the meat shop and expanded space next door in the fall.
Arctic char with Great Northern beans and beurre blanc
Perogies for the people!