It took me long enough, but after almost four years, I finally bought a new phone! The push came only when the music stopped working on my old device, but I have to say, it’s certainly nice to have a functioning camera and the possibility of downloading apps! On to this week’s food notes:
- I missed this last week, but Cookie Love’s second location inside the Sutton Place Hotel, Cookie Love Café, is now open!
- Liane shared the news that Sabor Divino is expanding next door with a pizza concept called Urbano Pizza Co.
- Speaking of pizza, Phil began his new pizza odyssey. The first installment pits Neapolitan pies from The Rock against those at The Parlour.
- Cindy posted her first experience at Solstice Seasonal Cuisine.
- I’m sorry to hear that Chinatown’s Uyen Uong didn’t make it, but I’m happy to see that its replacement, Gui Lin Noodle House, looks promising.
- Check out the Edmontonians on televised cooking shows this
weekseason – Shane Chartrand on Chopped Canada, and Kenya Hushagen on Masterchef Canada.
- Food for thought: how could we address Edmonton’s food deserts?
- Not loving your morning coffee? A way to improve its taste might be as easy as changing the colour of your mug.
- Mack and I returned to Route 99 for the first time since our wedding. What else would we have but poutine?
Our usual at Route 99