- Fork Fest has released their menus. I’ll be checking out the Manor Café next week!
- Hot Chefs, Cool bEATS is back this year, taking place at the Shaw Conference Centre on March 29, 2014. Tickets are $125 and all inclusive of wine and drinks. Mack and I went in 2012, and enjoyed everything from the indoor street party to the displays, and of course, the food.
- Save the date: Eat Alberta will be taking place on April 26, 2014. The line-up of workshops is already shaping up to be one of our best ever. I can’t wait to share more details soon.
- After two seasonal pop-ups, Knifewear has announced that it is staying put!
- Hoang Long is expanding again – another downtown location is joining La Prep in the First & Jasper Building.
- Liv reviews The Phork, which has taken up residence in Grandin.
- Andrea posted about her great experience at 97 Hot Pot.
- Phil’s latest burger odyssey, unfortunately, covers two burger fails from recent Edmonton restaurant additions. Better luck next time, Phil!
- K.A. Café on Whyte offers up solid Lebanese food, shares Vue Weekly.
- Valerie’s latest Canadian Food Experience round-up is all about new year’s resolutions. Click over to read for some inspiration.
- Liane wrote a great piece highlighting food waste in Canada – a little bit from each household does add up.
- On the television front, Masterchef Canada premiered tonight. No Edmonton contestants, but there are six from Alberta in the top 50.
- At the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market on Saturday, we finally picked up a box of Frickin’ Delights Donuts – several people have recommended the treats as their favourite vegan doughnuts in the city. Good flavour, though the springy texture caught us a bit off-guard at first.
Frickin’ Delights Donuts
- Mack’s craving for butter chicken on the weekend led us to Origin India.
Happy for butter chicken!