What a beautiful long weekend! It feels nothing like September – let’s hope this weather continues on into the month. On to this week’s food notes:
- A reminder that the 124 Street Red Shoe Crawl is on September 8, 2013. Tickets are still available!
- Tavern 103, Larry Stewart’s venture in the Alberta Hotel (9802 Jasper Avenue), is now open!
- Su alerted me to the forthcoming The Italian Place that looks to fill the vacancy left by That’s Aroma (11010 101 Street). Anyone know more?
- Vue Weekly reviewed Japonais Bistro last week.
- Chris wrote about the most recent 10 Mile Meal that took place in August. Sorry to have missed it!
- I love reading about some of things being done to try and direct people to pick up more produce items at the grocery store.
- I’ve always ordered pho when it is offered on a Vietnamese menu, but last week at Mama Pizza, opted for a vermicelli bowl instead. On a day when I wasn’t up for soup, it hit the spot!
Grilled chicken and spring roll vermicelli bowl from Mama Pizza
- Mack and I had dinner at our neighbourhood Blue Plate Diner on Friday. The shepherd’s pie was delicious, and their sweet potato fries are among the best in the city.
Shepherd’s pie from Blue Plate Diner