It was such a gorgeous long weekend, I’m a little sad it’s coming to an end! I hope you made the most of it also. On to this week’s food notes:
- The 10th annual Summer Latin Fest is taking place on August 11, 2013 from 10am-5pm at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish (11310 111Avenue). Expect food and entertainment by over 15 Latin American cultures found in Edmonton.
- A group called Mirepoix (“dedicated to the values of good cooking and sustainable living, with culinary experience from all walks of life around the city and around the world”) is hosting a 5-course vegan pop-up dinner on August 19, 2013 at Noorish.
- Plow & Harvest is a new restaurant opening up at 10041 170 Street. They seek to redefine the art of comfort food while sourcing ingredients from local producers. They are hosting a Sneak Peek Tasting event on August 13, 2013 from 5-8pm, to which I have a double guest pass to give away. To enter, simply leave a comment below (with a valid e-mail address) that indicates you would like to attend the event by 11:59pm on August 7. The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted by e-mail. Good luck! (August 9 EDIT: Congratulations to Ronnie, Glenda and Ashley – enjoy the sneak peek!)
- Bannock Burger seems to have found a new location at 10704 124 Street, opening soon.
- Also in that neighbourhood, the forthcoming North 53 restaurant at 10240 124 Street.
- Yes, there is another new food truck on the streets, though it might seem familiar at first glance. Knosh, specializing in British comfort food, has taken over Nomad’s truck.
- Sabzy is moving from its Old Strathcona location to 9314 34 Avenue.
- Liv reviewed RGE RD last week.
- Linda e-mailed me raving about Pita Hut (4916 50 Ave), a relatively new family-run business in Leduc. She says, “It’s a tiny place, with a few tables (most of their business is take-out), friendly staff, and delicious food.”
- Remedy’s new Whyte Avenue location at 10404 Whyte Avenue is now open!
- This has been a month of dinner meetings – last week, it was over pho at Xu Hue in Chinatown.
Pho with beef balls
20 thoughts on “Food Notes for August 5, 2013”
I would LOVE to attend the Plow & Harvest event with my husband! We have a newborn and don’t really get out much!
I’d love to go to the Plow & Harvest sneak peak event! Hope I get chosen! Thanks.
The plow & harvest event sounds great!
I would love to go to the preview event.
Would love to attend this event – so great to see new restaurants opening up in edmonton that source locally!
It is so great to see new restaurants opening up in edmonton that source locally! My husband and I would love to attend this event!
I would love to attend the Plow & Harvest Sneak Peek event! Thanks for the giveaway!
I’d love to go to the event!
I would love to attend the Plow and Harvest event
It would be a great treat to win the pass to Plow & Harvest. I would take my hubby on a special date. Thanks!
Plow & Harvest sounds very cool- and exciting that’s in my neck of the woods:) Would love to get a sneak peek.
Sounds delicious…I would love to attend!
Please enter my name in for this awesome prize
Long time reader and first time commenter would love the Plough and Harvest pass!
I would love to attend! Its great to see more restaurants incorporating the local foods concept.
Don’t forget Cariwest thsi weekend- plenty of Caribbean food/music on churchill square PLUS the parade on Saturday !
I’d like to enter the Plow & Harvest giveaway. Yes, enter my name in tout de suite!
Would love to go to the sneak peek event!
I would love to attend the Plow and Harvest event with my Husband!
I almost forgot about Cariwest! Thanks for the reminder – though since we’re away this weekend I can’t go anyway…