Happy Canada Day! Hope you were out enjoying the glorious weather today, and taking in all the myriad activities happening all across the city. On to this week’s food notes:
- The Green & Gold Community Garden opened its market on June 29. Check their website for hours and a weekly produce update. Run by volunteers, all proceeds from the garden go to a non-profit organization in Rwanda that supports marginalized women.
- Liane had more details to share about Tavern 1903, the new resto-bar from the folks behind Hardware Grill that is set to open in the Alberta Hotel in August.
- Avenue Edmonton released their 5th edition of the 25 Best Things To Eat this week (unfortunately, it is not yet online – hopefully they will rectify the print and online connection soon). They are also hosting a party on July 4, 2013 to celebrate the issue. RSVP here.
- Von’s will be unveiling their new menu, designed by Chef Shane Chartrand, on July 2, 2013.
- Marlow Moo was disappointed with her recent experience at The Burg.
- It was interesting to read about Stony Plain Road’s plans to become Edmonton’s “Market District”.
- Phil offers a peek at three of the new Sunday farmers’ markets in Edmonton.
- I noticed that Syphay is now in Chinatown (94 Street & Jasper Avenue)! I haven’t been down Calgary Trail in a while, so don’t know if their other location remains intact, or if they moved, since their website is not up-to-date.
- Mack and I always try to make our way to The Works, which is never too crowded and is great to explore at your own pace. This year, I was delighted to find a shopping cart carousel, constructed from metal barricades and shopping carts. Even cooler, the ride was human-powered – I bet the volunteers ended up with a good workout at the end of their shift.