It feels like I was just in Toronto, but I’ll be there again in a few days to attend a work conference. It’s a nice excuse to be away, and to visit with my sister again! On to this week’s food notes:
- Downtown will certainly be a gathering place on June 8, 2013 for this year’s version of “Super Saturday”, with the City Market, Pride, and several parties. More details about what to expect here.
- Duchess Provisions promises to be bigger and better – check them out on June 9, 2013 when they re-open.
- The Sunday market scene just went from zero to sixty: Eden’s Market on 124 Street and 105 Avenue just opened on June 3, 2013 (interestingly, it is a fundraiser for YESS), and will operate until October 6 from 10am-3pm; La Cite Francophone’s year-round market will begin on June 16, 2013, and run Sundays from 12-5pm; and the Edmonton Petroleum Club will be starting their Browse & Brunch market series on June 9 – September 8, 2013. Of course, don’t forget about Callingwood, which runs 10am-3pm.
- I just looked at the list of Birch Patio Date Nights (out at the Devonian Gardens on Thursdays from June 6 – August 29). If you ever needed an excuse to go, how about themed nights, like Italian feast, summer in Paris, and my favourite, county fair? Count me in!
- The Edmonton Craft Beer Festival is on June 14-15, 2013 at the Expo Centre.
- Both Marianne and Sarah visited Belgravia Hub last week – looks like a great community spot!
- Robyn reviewed Café Amore’s new space downtown.
- It looks like Swichfood will be out on the streets tomorrow – I just can’t keep up with all of the new food trucks this year!
- Pure Kitchen now has a website! And they have coupons!
- Ninh Kieu (10708 98 Street) in Chinatown has now changed hands.
Cusina Ni Mutya
- This evening, I had an amazingly productive and energizing meeting about another pop-up event we’re planning for this summer. It probably had more to do with the company and the idea, but it may have also been related to the namesake dish at Café Tiramisu.
Iced latte and tiramisu
- Felicia and I had the privilege of attending Cirque du Soleil’s Amaluna under the big top at Northlands with complimentary tickets. It was my first Cirque, and I was blown away. I expected acrobatics, but wrapped up in story, beautifully told, it was so much more. It’s a must see!
Under the big top!