Hurrah for rain! Hopefully we are in store for more moisture, but it’s still amazing how fantastically green everything seemed to become overnight. I relish my lunch hour walks when I get to drink it all in – hope you’re getting some fresh spring air as well! On to this week’s food notes:
- A new market debuts this weekend. Check out Eden Market on 124 Street and 105 Avenue every Sunday starting June 2, 2013 from 10am-3pm. It sounds like they will have several food trucks on hand, including Battista’s Calzones, Eva Sweet and The Food Fighter.
- I was too slow in posting a link to Elm Café’s first brunch that they are hosting in their brand new 118 Avenue space, but it sounds like they will be offering them on a regular basis in the future.
- It looks like Urban Shabu (9700 105 Avenue) in Chinatown is now open. Anyone been?
- Liv reviewed the freshly opened Belgravia Hub.
- Another corporate food truck is rolling into town (remember the visit by Kraft last year?) – this time, Sabra, offering samples of hummus and salsa from June 6-9, 2013. Check their Twitter for location updates.
- Top Chef Canada is recruiting for Season 4 (deadline June 11, 2013). What say we start drafting Edmonton chefs to represent?
- After work on Saturday, I swung by the Alberta Hotel to check out CKUA’s new space on Jasper Avenue. The music room was too packed for much of a peek, but the bar space (tenant still TBD) was beautiful. Hopefully someone takes it over soon!
- On a rainy Friday, I grabbed some lunch at Bully Food Truck, parked in Churchill Square. The pizza burger (topped with pepperoni, mozzarella, caesar salad and bruschetta) was messy, but worth it!
- In spite of our workout on the weekend, Mack and I gave into our cravings and ended up at Route 99 for a plate of poutine. It was worth every fry.