- Sustainable Food Edmonton will be hosting its 20th annual Community Garden Potluck on April 20, 2013. Expect permaculture presentations and a seed swap.
- Sailin’ On, the forthcoming vegan food truck, will be taking over the kitchen at Three Boars on April 16, 2013. Sample three of their menu items, including gluten-free soft tacos.
- Staff Meal will be hosting a pop-up five-course dinner at Canteen on April 22, 2013. The menu will be inspired by the chefs’ most “memorable food experiences.” Tickets are $75.
- An event called Sowing Seeds of Possibility: From Food Mapping to Asset Mapping is taking place on April 26, 2013. It sounds like a great opportunity to network with like-minded individuals, and to hear from a representative of FoodShare Toronto. The cost to attend both days is just $30.
- The next Green Drinks on May 1, 2013 is all about local food – get your tickets while they’re still available!
- Liane wrote about The Cavern, the new cheese shop that opens its doors on 104 Street on April 9, 2013.
- Liane also updated the status of Café Amore’s new downtown location – they are aiming to open by April 22, 2013.
- On the hunt for food trucks? Marianne reviewed an early meal from the newest truck to hit the streets – The Local Omnivore, open from 7:30am-1:30pm at 108 Street and 100 Avenue. It looks great, and I also love that you can pick up a packet of bacon to take home for $5!
- Liv posted about Creole Envie’s first back alley po’boy (a take off of Century Hospitality’s alley burger) last week. If you’re sad to have missed it, it looks like you’re in luck – they will be offered again on April 9.
- Liv also previewed Roast Coffee’s new menu, designed by Chef Andrew Parker.
- After 37 years, Java Jive is shutting its doors. I can attest my own coffee drinking started at University, with a daily cup of joe from Java Jive – I wish the owners well!
- Cheryl wrote a “treatise on the principles of customer service” – I appreciated her point of view as both a customer and someone with serving experience.
- Have you checked out Shovel & Fork lately? They’ve just updated their website with new courses and dates!
2 thoughts on “Food Notes for April 8, 2013”
Thanks for the read and the pingback! Would love to exchange links!
You’re welcome! I’ve added your blog as well.