- The Devonian Gardens’ 4th annual Green Festival runs on July 17, 2011. Expect sustainable gardening lectures and cooking demonstrations, among other things.
- Fork Fest, which starts July 17, has a few menus up.
- Have you checked out the menu for Sip! at Capital Ex? It looks pretty tasty!
- The 2011 gluten-free pancake breakfast will be held on July 23, 2011.
- There was more love in the blogosphere this week for Tres Carnales Taqueria – from Twyla, Baconhound, Edmonton Foodie and Cream and Sugar.
- Transcend’s long-anticipated street food-inspired menu will be ready on August 1 and 2 at Transcend Garneau and Downtown, respectively.
- Read all about one of Edmonton’s newest food trucks, Shaka Boys Shave Ice.
- Vue Weekly wrote a great profile on Early Bird Cafe.
- Liv and two friends rounded up cupcakes from bakeries all over town for the ultimate taste test (with graphs!). Delish Custom Cakes & Sweets came out on top.
- How about a picnic? Avenue Edmonton pairs delis with parks in a spin on al fresco dining.
- Ever want to peek into someone’s pantry? Liane’s article last week allows you to do just that. It features Michael Avenati of Mo-Na Foods and food writer Twyla Campbell.
- Speaking of Twyla, she was involved in preparing the foods served to William and Kate at the reception in Ottawa on Canada Day.
- Andree visited Top Chef Canada winner Dale Mackay’s Vancouver restaurant Ensemble. Good food, she writes, but “what bothered me most was that a lot of the menu wasn’t easy to share despite what they insisted was Ensemble’s focus.”
- Did you pick up a free slurpee from 7-11 today? It turns out the promotion is actually a boon for the chain – they’ve found the tasting cup actually convinces most customers to purchase a larger size.
- TV fame doesn’t necessarily lead to success. Take the example of Soul Daddy, the “winner” of America’s Next Great Restaurant.
- Mack and I stopped by to check out SOS Fest yesterday. The rain dampened the crowd during the time we visited, but it looks like it picked up later in the day. It was great to see food vendors from the area on site too!
The Pack A.D. performs
Peds on the street!
Mack even met the Biebs!
- We haven’t been dining al fresco as much as we would have liked this year, so it was nice to grab the opportunity last week.