Anyone else watch The Bachelor finale today? I know I’m probably not supposed to admit it, but the show always sucks me in! On to this week’s food notes:
- Thanks to everyone who blogged about Eat Alberta so far: Andree, Kelley, Andrea, Marianne, LeQuan, Cathy, Leslie, John and and Julie.
- Patience, please: week one impressions from the folks at Transcend Downtown.
- Pampa was reviewed by the Journal and Twyla last week: looks like it’s the place to be for meat lovers!
- Vue published a profile on Callingwood cupcake bakery Sweet Krumblz.
- A few reports back from Downtown Dining Week: FoodieMcPoon on Wildflower Grill, Karlynn on Hardware Grill, and Dave on Moriarty’s, Madison’s Grill and ZINC.
- Restauranteur Vic Mah passed away last week – he will be remembered for his philanthropy, and of course, his food.
- I haven’t been down to the Castledowns Farmers’ Market (Wednesdays, 4-6pm) yet, but it was good to read about it at John Schneider (of Gold Forest Grains)’s blog.
- Company’s Coming e-mailed out an electronic copy of one of their shorter cookbooks – Cookie Jar Classics. Though I know having a laptop on the kitchen counter is en vogue, I always end up printing out recipes so I can make my own notations (e.g. add extra cup of stock, double seasoning, etc.). How about you?
- Jaime sent me a link to a fun game – ever wonder what it would be like to egg your house? Now you can find out, courtesy of the folks at Cadbury.