I hope everyone had a good Christmas! We’ve been putting our feet up over here…we haven’t had this relaxing of a holiday in some time. Much of that relaxing has been in the form of watching Mad Men from the beginning – it really is dangerous having access to an unlimited trial of Netflix, with the first three seasons of the show available. Though there’s not too much happening in the blogosphere, here are a few notes anyway:
- Foodie McPoon notes that the IHOP has officially opened.
- If you’re looking for reading material, make sure you check out Lightside Photography’s 30 Days of Edmonton series, if you haven’t already.
- Valerie posted about her favourite Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market purchases last week.
- Also from Valerie – a post reflecting on her thoughts on trends for the next ten years, and a post soliciting thoughts on trends from chefs. Keep an eye on her blog this week – more trends from others to come!
- Christmas week meant a lot of eating out, catching up with friends and coworkers alike. One of those lunches took place at Viphalay, where I had my tried and true pad thai.
Viphalay’s pad thai
- I love freshly baked bread, and Mack was sweet enough to feed my habit with a loaf this week.
- A few weeks ago, we agreed to sign up to try out an indoor composting system called Bokashi, which instead of using worms, utilizes microorganisms to break down organic material by fermentation. It’s been about two weeks, and still, there is little to no odour! We’ll be writing more about it in the new year.
- We had our second Christmas dinner over at Mack’s grandparents’ house on Saturday. Besides being treated to a delicious meal, I had my annual visit with Peanut.
Isn’t she adorable?
Enjoy your week!