Sparse this week:
- Mack and I went to a preview of the upcoming California Wine Tasting at deVine Wines on Friday. For a nominal $20 donation between the two of us, we sampled four wines, and had we stuck around longer, probably could have tried even more flights. Well worth it!
- Select Edmonton restaurants are participating in the annual Dining Out for Life fundraiser to help those living with HIV/AIDS.
- The Edmonton Journal’s Style section introduced Calgary-based Julie Van Rosendaal’s blog, dinner with Julie. It does have great pictures and good meal ideas, but I’m sure a portion of the readers check in just to see the photos of her too-cute son helping out in the kitchen.
- Culinary coup: Toronto’s Susur Lee will be heading to the restaurant hotbed of Manhattan to open up an eatery in a Lower East Side Hotel. While I can’t say that I’m that familiar with his cuisine, one of my must-read bloggers is very sad to see him go.
- Burger King will be opening “Whopper Bars” in the U.S. that won’t serve alcohol so much as make a customizable burger for you. Hm.