Watching an episode of Jaime’s Meals in Minutes last week reminded me just how versatile a food processor can be. Although I’ve used my processor to make chapatti dough and hummus, most of the time, I use it purely for one function: to blend soups. In a single episode, Jaime shredded celeriac and pear for a remoulade, whirled together a basil pesto, and shaved ice for a citrus and vanilla bean-scented granita. Given the holidays are fast approaching, it was great to see a demonstration of how useful one appliance can be in simplifying things for the busy cook.
It was a bit of a coincidence then that I actually have an opportunity to giveaway a food processor – KitchenAid just released a new 13-cup food processor, which retails for $399.99. It features:
- New external adjustable, stainless steel slicing disc provides ultimate versatility
- Dual shredding disc easily flips the disc from 2mm to 4mm to achieve ideal slicing thickness
- Large 13-cup (2.75L) leak-proof work bowl, plus chef’s bowl and mini bowl
- Ultra Wide Mouth Feed Tube™ adjusts to 3 different sizes to accommodate foods of varying sizes, including whole potatoes and cucumbers
- 17 precise food processing options for speed-controlled slice, shred, chop & puree functions plus three maximized slice, shred and puree/chop blades and bonus dough, egg whip & Julienne blades
- 4 speed-controlled functions
Here is one recipe that would be greatly simplified using this processor.
For your chance to win, simply leave a comment below with an answer to the following question: what is your favourite food processor function? Or, if you don’t currently have a food processor, how would you use it?
One comment per person, please, and you must live in Canada to receive this prize. The contest closes at 5pm on November 20, 2011. The winner will be selected using a random number generator.
Good luck, and thanks again to KitchenAid for this giveaway!
November 22, 2011 EDIT: Congratulations to Ashley (commenter #27) on winning the KitchenAid processor. Thanks to everyone for entering!