And just like that, it’s fall. Make sure you enjoy the golden trees while they’re still around to be admired. On to this week’s food notes:
- Little Brick is hosting a Fall Festival on September 21, 2016 from 5-9pm. Check out their seasonal menu featuring mulled wine.
- Lexus South Pointe is hosting a Fall Food Festival on September 22, 2016. Linda previews what you can expect and is also giving out some tickets to the festival.
- The final What the Truck?! event takes place this Sunday, September 25, 2016 at Churchill Square from 2-7pm. Say goodbye to summer with 25 trucks – plan your visit with these menus.
- The Edmonton Oktoberfest runs September 30 – October 1, 2016 at Northlands, with beer and food samples.
- Bar Clementine is now open at 11957 Jasper Avenue.
- Northern Chicken will be moving into the spot vacated by Relish, at 10704 124 Street. They hope to open in mid-October.
- The Journal reviewed Cafe Linnea.
- The Sun and Vue Weekly both enjoyed Have Mercy to varying degrees.
- Jonny put forth a spate of reviews, for LETS Grill, Karlen Cafe & Smokehouse, Soy & Pepper, Quickly, and Afra BBQ & Grill.
- S’wich, one of Edmonton’s longer-standing food trucks, has ceased operations. Lex will be moving on to lead the kitchen at Baijiu.
- The Tomato reports that Chef Nathin Bye has moved on from Ampersand 27.
- Phil’s latest Community Table Project features Inspiration Gnocchi.
- Congratulations to Reclaim Urban Farm founders Ryan Mason and Cathryn Sprague on their Alumni Innovation Awards from the University of Alberta. The two met at the university while studying environmental sociology.
- Though we’re never quite as far along as New York, there is still some truth to Eater’s “What’s Wrong with Restaurants Today”.
- A toast to Tina Faiz and Leanne Brown, the authors of Edmonton Cooks! I attended a lovely book launch this evening at Duchess Provisions (where we were treated to lovely bites from the book, and generous drinks poured by bartenders from North 53 and Baijiu). The public launch of Edmonton Cooks is taking place at Provisions on September 24 at 1pm.
Cognac West cocktail served at tonight’s book launch